Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Little Monster

I had to work for a little bit this morning.  It's Saturday and we'll soon be off to a play and then we'll spend the rest of the day together, so I had Dia playing on her own while I got some business stuff done.

My background noise while I toiled away was her playing, singing and chatting to herself or the cat or any inanimate object about.

She's dressed for the day in a swingy dress and crazy tights with polka dots, stripes and stitches down the legs.  The stitches particularly inspired her apparently:

To Albert (the kitten):
(Singing)
"It's still me
Why are you afraid?
Could it be the stitches down my leg?"
(this was done in a rhyming fashion which I, as a totally biased bystander, found genius)

And then, she turned her attention to cutting the heads off of all the models in a catalog:

Dia, to the model: "I will cut your head off, Princess!"
(Speaking for the 'princess') "No!"
"Yes! You will never marry now!  Buhahaha!  Princesses without heads cannot marry!  It is the RUUUUUUUULE!"

Then, to add more color, she explained to the now decapitated models:
"You will all be monsters like me now!  Buhahaha!

and, still snipping away at the catalog:  "Heads, heads, heads!  You are all dead, like me!  La-la-la-loo!"

.... Should I be afraid?

Dia said "YES!"

No comments:

Post a Comment