Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's Time for a Revolution

All this "Occupy (insert location name here)" nonsense has my inner activist fired up.  I'm not one to shy away from a cause, but I also tend to lead a life of moderation.  Therefore nothing has gotten me revved up enough to date to lead a movement or join a protest.  Nothing, that is, until now.

Folks, it is time to do something about this.  We have spent decades - nay! centuries! - accepting this atrocity as not only fine, but important.  We teach it to our children in preschool.  It's blasted all over children's programming and blatantly displayed on the walls of their classrooms.  Yes, people, I am referring to:

The Alphabet.

Well, not the whole thing.  Just one letter.  That letter, may I be so bold as to say - is the letter "C."

Despite the fact that this letter begins my last name and my daughter's first name, I think we can all agree that it is time to do away with this archaic and unnecessary letter (or, rather, this arkaik and unnessessary letter - see where I'm going?)  It makes the same sound as two other letters we already have.  Why is it there?  What is it for?

I, for one, believe we should start a campaign (or, rather, kampaign) to do away with this treachery (or, rather, trea...ch???  OH!)  Oh, right, the 'ch' sound.  How do you make that with the other letters?  Darn it.

Never mind.

I will then, change my campaign to the eradication of the letter "Q."  After all I cannot think of single time that the "kw" combination would not suffice (or ck in the unique "que" instances (or, rather, the uneek "que" instances)).  Therefore, I shall be hosting a rally on the steps of the U.S. Department of Education to promote a bill to reduce our Alphabet to 25 letters and to prohibit the further use of this offensive letter.

Who is with me?  We will call it "Occupy Sesame Street!"

No comments:

Post a Comment