Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Matrix is Broken

For those who have not seen "The Matrix," forgive me (and who ARE you by the way???).  

You know that scene where Neo sees the cat doing the exact same thing twice and he knows there's a glitch in the Matrix?  Well, I think we may have a glitch.

It's more than just a deja vu moment.  It's that stuff that you can't believe you really just saw correctly.  You kind of blink and go - "was that what I thought it was?" 

Yesterday - just on my drive home alone - was proof that the Matrix is buggy right now 'cause stuff like this?  doesn't happen.

So I'm driving home, passing the bus stop in front of John Muir High School.  The light turns red.  I stop.  I look aimlessly about and see ... wait ... is that a naked butt?  Oh - no - that's a whole naked dude!  There stands - with his back to me at least - a full grown gentleman, apparently taking this very public moment to change his pants.  I can't explain this, but I did get the privilege of seeing him in full glory, bending over and stepping into his drawers.  Then the light changed before he turned around and, God forbid, I'd have to make eye contact or act nonchalant.  Thank goodness it was a quick light.

OK.  So that was done.  I'm halfway home with no more incidents.  Good.

Oh wait, what's this on the right side of the road?  It looks like a traffic stop.  A sheriff's car, a white pick-up truck and a hatchback of some variety.  Nope - that's not all - there's something else there.  Oh, I see.  It is a gurney.  With a body bag on it.  And the body bag is full.  Of what looks like a body.  I could be assuming this part of course, but it had the proper bumps where feet might go.  So - this is one of those things where my first instinct is to think "oh what tragedy" but then my brain kicks in.  There are 3 cars - none are damaged, so they were not involved in an accident.  But more especially, there are 3 cars.  So who brought the gurney?  Where did that come from?  I mean, was it in the back of the hatchback?  The back of the pick-up?  Did an ambulance forget something?

I'm pretty sure that some jokester has launched a virus in the Matrix, because Mom was just telling me that Saturday night, just outside of her friend's house, she was met with a fully naked Rubenesque young woman who apparently was searching for the Garden of Eden.  

It's just a good thing I don't know how to code.  What a world we'd live in if I did!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't nice that despite all the misery in the world right now we have these lovely eccentricities to provide a good laugh

    ReplyDelete