Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Top of the day to you!

It seems that we, as Americans... perhaps as humans, are saturated in the bad. Bad news permeates the headlines and drives Internet searches from frantic folks hungry for every last detail. It's all I hear all day. I get interrupted with bad news alerts and natural disaster tragedies and it's all incredibly upsetting. Not to mention that the sheer numbers of all these stories is enough to make me give pause to the Armageddon predictors. So I thought... enough.

Now, I'm sure there are tons of sites and blogs that focus on the good news of the day (and feel free to share them), but because (after all) the world revolves around me, I figured I'll just make one right here. Right now.

Please take no criticism here if you, dear reader, are a bad news junky, I'm doing this for my own benefit honestly. Yet, I do find that I crave to hear the good. I want to hear what good we are doing for each other, what companies and industries are reaching out to honestly help (for no ulterior motive like a tax write-off), what happy events are out there.

My blog name "Faulty Logic ... or not" is thus labeled because I live near a rather significant fault line and while I am sending my deepest respect to its ability to change my life without so much as a how-do-you-do, I am also trying to create a world that might have better things to concentrate on.

(It is also a quiet shout out to my oldest bestie (no I am not calling you old). She will remember.)

KEC

No comments:

Post a Comment