Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Raindrops on Roses


and whiskers on kittens... these are a few of my favorite things:

Before you make any online purchase check out Retail Me Not. This is one of the best and easiest sites I've ever used. I have honestly saved countless dollars using this site. Of course, my savings probably serve as nothing more than a deferral on the interest rate from the credit cards that my purchases ultimately go on... but still. It's very worth the extra few seconds and, though I don't use it, they even have a nifty widget (Firefox extension) that will notify you of the potential savings as you visit your shopping site.

Anytime you are feeling down and need a quick smile, visit 1000 Awesome Things. It is, quite simply, filled with awesomeness even though most of it is pretty ordinary stuff. Awesome!

Another money saver that I love is Goldstar. Their slogan is "go out more." Well for me, it's more like "go out at all." They have half price tickets to all sorts of events and that just makes me really, really happy. They send me a weekly email of events and, through that, I've even discovered a couple of really cool things to do that I didn't even know existed.

Which brings me to the Faery Hunt (photo above). I knew nothing of it until Goldstar offered discounts on the event. I was intrigued and the price was so great (thanks Goldstar!). We went and had just so much fun. If you have wee ones it truly is worth your while. It's just pure innocence and fantasy and we all should have more of that in our life - don't you think?

KEC

No comments:

Post a Comment