Thursday, June 13, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

So, yeah, I hate Father's Day... (see Happy Father's Day? for reference) ... BUT

For real:

I am honored to know some of the best dads in the world.

At a recent crawfish boil held on another parental holiday (the one for Moms), I watched fathers interact with their kids on a loving level that is unparalleled.  I know they don't realize it - that's part of the beauty - but they are exceptional fathers.  That day and every day since, I am reminded that I am seriously blessed to be in their circle.

In fact, and in truth, my friends and Dia's friends' fathers are uncommonly wonderful.  We have in our midst a tremendous example of what it's like to be a hands-on and, more importantly, hearts-open type of dad.

I hesitate to call you out - I fear I may forget one or two and that would be tragic - but off the top of my head, there's a Twigg, a Bowen, a Murphy.... a Cullen, a Szerman, a Netterstrom (or 2) ... a Burke, a Ballentine, a Harper ... a Butler, a Wright, a Rice ... a Way, a Stacey, a Stetson ... a Sanchez, a Ruys, an Aquilano and a Ridenour.  You are each a beautiful, shining example of fatherhood.

And to Tim Brown, a certain favorite man of mine... I know you aren't a father, but you are the absolute best big brother any one could ever ask for.  What Dia is lacking in fatherdom, you have more than made up for in brotherhood.  I love you.

So Happy Father's Day everyone.  For real.

- KeC

No comments:

Post a Comment