Thursday, December 9, 2010

Randomness

This is just completely random stuff.  Enjoy:

Dia:  Why I named him Balloony?
Me:  Shrug
Dia:  Because it’s a good name for a balloon.

One of my favorite things right now:  Dia says her imaginary friend’s name is spelled “O-P-P-O.”  Then, when someone says “Oppo?” she says “No, it’s Owo – the “P’s” are silent.”   

I saw a billboard the other day for Crown Royal.  It said “Back with a vengeance.”  I wonder if they thought that one out.  Do they mean the next morning?

Sephora Lash Stretcher is the greatest mascara I have ever tried.  And with a $15 sticker price?  Brilliant!

Ever notice the side conversations we, as moms, have with our kids while we are trying to have phone conversations?  Here’s a few of my favorites:
    “That’s a garlic press, dude.  You don’t put cookies in it.”
    “How did you get chocolate on your foot?”
    "Oh no, sweetie, let go of the kitty ... What? ... No, darling, you can't bite the kitty."

I got a Coke that had been in the fridge for some time and took a sip.  It didn't taste right and so I looked at the bottom of the can.  I told Dia "No wonder this tasted like dirt.  It's expired."  She said "I had dirt that tasted better than that."  I laughed and asked her "Where is that from - a movie?" and she said "No, real life."  I said "Oh, you just made that up?"   She said "No, real life."   (Footnote to this one: I do not believe she's ever eaten dirt in real life.  She was being witty.)

Dia was explaining why she couldn’t fall asleep and said “My eyelashes aren’t weighty enough and when I close my eyes they just fling back open.”

That's it for now.  More later I'm sure!

2 comments:

  1. I could seriously read these ALL DAY!!! Love it! And I kinda think I know what Dia means about the eyelashes thing. Hm...I just never thought about it before. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dia is delightful --- what a wit! It is wonderful that you are sharing these treasures and it will be a lovely chronicle of her young life. Everytime I read one of her verbal treasures I just smile...and have to share with friends. She creates some great visuals, doesn't she? You are a lucky Mom, Katie.

    ReplyDelete