Sunday, March 13, 2016

#SupportiveSpring

Ah...spring. Who doesn't love it? The world comes alive again. Bulbs prove their hidden existence pushing their color through frozen soil, the hillsides dress in bright inviting shades of green and the days grow longer and brighter. We find ourselves smiling, feeling hopeful and carefree.

It's an especially special time for us women. We look forward to wearing that favorite summer frock, those sleeveless tanks and our shortest of shorts and, of course, our favorite teeny bikinis. So what time is it girls? Time to brush off those diet and exercise programs and get motivated. This year we are going to get that perfect BEACH BODY! 

So, who's with me? Let's all start our green tea cleanse and reward our efforts with the sweet dessert of 75 burpees and 1000 russian twists!

I bet we can get into April before we start having recurring dreams of murdering our husbands for a bag of Doritos. I've got confidence that we can get through tax day before we throw a hand weight through our plasma screen over a Carl's Jr. ad.

OK, no. Let's get real (and screw these women and their photoshopped perfect bodies).

I have a real women's challenge to propose. How about this - how about starting right now we support each other every single day until the first day of summer. Let us go into summer with a BEACH SOUL. 

So here's how my #SupportiveSpring challenge goes:
  1. Declare your commitment to the challenge on Facebook! Use the SupportiveSpring hashtag so we can search for it.
  2. Every day do something. Yup. SOMEthing.
  3. Every day share what you did on FB (with the hashtag again)
  4. Whenever you see someone post what they did, be sure to comment or like their accomplishment. 
The hard part of all this is Step 2 above. Every day you have to do something. Here are some examples:
I ran a marathon.
I did some yoga.
I parked 3 spaces down from an open parking space to walk the 10 extra steps.
I only smoked 5 cigarettes today.
I stopped before I ate the entire bag of chips.
I purposely got out of bed.

Got it? If not, watch my Facebook for my daily 'dones.' Today will be better than others because I kind of 'did' stuff, but don't worry - I'll have days where "didn't kill the cat" will be my greatest accomplishment.

WHO IS WITH ME!?? #SupportiveSpring








4 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm in. :) I'm not entirely sure how to focus on doing something to improve my soul every day but I guess figuring that out is part of the point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post today was perfection: Did NOT yell at the uncooperative person on the phone.
      That's the exact point of all of this. Give ourselves credit, be mindful of the things we do that are good for us and focus on that. That's opposed to what I was doing BEFORE #supportivespring which was keeping myself awake at night going over the inventory of everything I did wrong that day! This feels so much better!

      Delete
  2. Love this. Sharing it. Joining the movement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Mia! Happy to serve as encouragement and love! Hope you go into the summer season feeling amazing!

    ReplyDelete