Thursday, August 12, 2010

No Pity Parties Here

I haven't written in a long time. I've been uninspired and have almost succumbed to writing some of the negativity I've been feeling lately. I felt discouraged, not only as a writer but as someone trying to brighten this world. And besides, I thought, why go to the trouble of creating a post on a blog no one reads anyway?

Well, today I have a reason.

I was reminded, by a friend who happens to have very advanced MS, of the incredible spirit in a young man named Nick Vujicic. Please take a moment and watch this video and you'll see what I mean:

No Arms, No Legs, No Worries

Or visit his website.

So the next time I'm suffering from one of my favorite pity party-starters (like "why bother" and "nothing matters anyway" or (my favorite) "people aren't very nice, are they?") remind me to take a second and re-listen to Nick's message.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I am just in tears watching that video! Wow! What an inspiration! And YOU are also an inspiration to me, Katie. I love your blog and look forward to your next post. I'd love to read them even if they're "negative". You really have a way with words. And you definitely brighten this world.

    ReplyDelete